Catholic Pastoral Services
Catholic Pastoral Services (CPS) is based in the old school-house to the north side of St Thomas’ Church, St Helier. The purpose of CPS is to provide outreach services to both the Catholic and wider communities in Jersey. Within the centre are a meeting hall, a bookshop, a library, a quiet room and offices.
- The library has over 1,500 books, all of which are available to borrow.
- The bookshop has the latest Catholic titles, CTS pamphlets, bibles, missals and children’s books. Books can be ordered and delivered within a few days.
- Meetings for some of the sacramental programmes in our island parish are held at CPS.
- The parish marriage formation course and Journey of Faith (RCIA) programmes are delivered here.
- Youth and Adult Formation, Prayer Groups and catechetical events are all significant areas of activity for CPS.
- Preparation and organisation of the schools catechetics programme is also part of CPS' remit.
- Faith formation talks are held at the centre on a regular basis, presented by both clergy and laity. The talks cover a wide range of topics and allow for people to attend on an occasional as well as a regular basis.
- CPS run a Bereavement and Loss Support group.
- A toddler and parents “Praise and Play group”, held in St Thomas’ Hall, is managed by CPS.
- CPS administer the island Stewardship programme. Our diocesan plan asks for more involvement of lay people in the life of the Church. Stewardship encourages us to make the best use of all our resources – our time, treasure and talents.
CPS Manager: Miss Delia Hardiman firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth Formation Co-ordinator : Miss Sarah Wakeling email@example.com
School Catechist Co-ordinator: Mrs Paula Andrew firstname.lastname@example.org
Catholic Pastoral Services - Tel: 01534 732583, email email@example.com