The Friends of St Thomas
Becoming a member of the Friends of St Thomas is a most important and effective way of supporting the church's spiritual, historical and cultural significance.
The Friends of St Thomas was inaugurated in January 2008, following the rededication of the church in October 2007 by the then Cardinal Archbishop of Westminster and the then Bishop of Portsmouth. The Catholic Dean in Jersey is the President of the Friends.
The Friends’ Prayer
God Our Father,
fill this church with your love and give your grace
to all who gather here in worship.
May all who visit this church experience a welcome
and find peace and consolation.
May your Saints inspire us, especially the
Blessed Virgin Mary and our own Patron,
St Thomas, who acknowledge
Your Son as Lord and God.
What do the Friends aim to do?
- To bring together those who love and care for St Thomas’ church
- To continue to raise funds to meet the cost of the restoration project
- To promote the cultural and educational use of the church
- To help purchase special items for the church
- To support the development of the liturgical, musical and spiritual life of the church
- To support the continuing maintenance and development of the site and its historical building
What are the activities in which you could be involved?
- Fundraising and social events
- Concerts, “days of prayer”, talks and exhibitions
- The annual Friends’ Mass and party on or around 3 July to celebrate the Feast of St Thomas the Apostle, patron of the church
Membership of the Friends:
- Consider making an annual payment of a minimum of £20 per person or become a life member by making a single donation of £250
- Consider making a bequest in your will to the Friends of St Thomas’ church – contact the Treasurer on (01534) 871951
For further information, please contact the Chairperson: Mrs Daphne Minihane, MBE, on (01534) 720235